Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 142. OMG Quilting is hard...and I think I might not be as smart as I thought

So yay! I finally finished sewing my top piece.  I can't believe how I thought this piece would be a snap...I must have sewn and then taken out my stiches 20 times tonight.  Maybe it's not so easy to see in the picture, but it is so totally off.  But whatever, it's done ( except for the actual quilting process & binding.  But that's next week) and I learned a lot.
Next time:
a) I will not use such small triangles. In fact, I won't use triangles at all.
b) I will use templates to measure and cut my fabric
c) I will not attempt such a difficult thing as points.
d) I will give myself a break for not being any where close to perfect & try to remember this is a learning process after all.

So that being said...3 wonderful things happened today that I am grateful for:
1) Someone at work reminded me something very important and very timely that I had forgot!
2) I thought to go to the grocery store and stock up before this giant blizzard hit
3) For the snow, it's so pretty coming down and it might just get me a day off of work! (My fingers are crossed anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment