Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 139.

Goes without saying.

3 Things I am grateful for today:
1. Fat Boy Slim...even after all these years, I still like working while listening to you..Gets me all jivy with energy
2. Rotisserie Chicken..a good substitute for when I get that Fried Chicken craving
3. FRIDAY'S (no not the restaurant-yuck) The last work day before the weekend-oh how I love you

So I live down the street from a Franciscan Monk, he must teach at the Divinity School at U of C, because I can't really figure out otherwise why a Franciscan Monk would live alone in an apartment.  This guy made the best Nativity Scene out of dowel rods and toothpicks.  I see him walking around from time to time in his brown woolly garb and cross belt.  He always smiles at me and says hello, which I think is pretty nice.  Today I saw him as usual out with his usual outfit, even sporting sandals and no socks.  It didn't faze me at the time, but then I thought, WTF? It's F-ing Freezing out.  Excuse me Mr. Monk, where is your coat? your socks?  I don't think God wanted you to get hypothermia.

No comments:

Post a Comment