Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 136. Finished 4th and Final Block

Tomorrow is my quilting class.  I plan to fix the 1st very small and very wonky block.  I'm pretty happy with the way it looks as all together though, can't wait to learn the hand quilting and binding part.

3 Things I'm happy for today:
1. That we, in the united states, have a president whose ideals mirror many of my own
ie: Education, Alternative Energy, Health Care for all, and Equal opportunity in the military
2. I'm grateful for my boss, who at 3:00 today decided we both looked tired and were in need of Hot Chocolate, then spent about 15 minutes telling me his philosophy of life
3. I'm SO grateful for my mom, today on her birthday, so thankful she's in my life as such a strong woman, great role model and a wonderful friend.

Today something awesome happened.  Early this morning when I was so bummed to be awake, I was attacked.  My eyes bleary I could barely make out this speeding bullet of orangish furry wiz whirling around my feet. The blurry wiz jumped up onto the bed and then leapt at me, pulling me down to him.  Then I got whacked in the face, thump! a padded paw... A yowl and a hiss and now my eyes were seeing quite clear, Esau, demanding to play with me.  I jumped into the kitty wrestling play time with great gusto and threw my whole spirit into it.  Then when we were both satiated, I went back to getting ready.  My mood had tremendously improved and I wasn't even late to work. Thanks Esau!

No comments:

Post a Comment