Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 135. 3 out of 4 pieces completed


Today also starts Day 1 of at least 21 where I will write 3 things I am thankful for and a few sentences about something really great that happened in the previous 24hours. (I'm trying it out to help keep away the winter blues)

1. I am SO thankful that I have a job
2. that I have a husband who is just as interested in the Indonesian Kecer instrument as I am
3.  that even though my quilt piece is far from perfect, it still looks pretty good.

For the past year my health has been so-so, a big part of this is because I'm not getting enough exercise on a regular basis  (yup I'm a lazy lump in more ways than one).  I have been trying to start a regular routine of exercise for months now.  I was going to join a gym, but I realized I'd probably never get myself there in these cold winter months.  Then my very generous brother got me a WI fit for Christmas.  It has been great fun, but the last few weeks I found that I can really get a good workout from it.  So the something really great that happened today was that I exercised for the second day in a row. (I have NEVER in my life worked out two days in row!)  How great is that.  But not only 2 days of working out, but I also managed to make a healthy vegetarian chili, relax with the hubby, sew a quilt block and make my post to this blog....AND.....I still have energy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there. I want to thank you for the lovely, encouraging comment you left on on my blog. I especially enjoyed learning that Native American bead weavers intentionally included a small imperfection. I'll remember that when I get overly critical with myself.

    I've been exploring your blog. I really like the merge photos you do. I've never tried that, but I'm inspired now to try.

    Keep up the good work with your exercise, art, and gratitude resolutions! Sounds like you're on a roll.

    ReplyDelete