Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 211. Effused today by a dream

Do you ever have those dreams that seem so real and so vivid that they effect your emotions, sentimentality and sense of timing?  Sometimes I wake from a dream and feel like part of me was left in the chemical makeup of that dream, some of my molecules got left behind.

So I was standing at the stairs to my house (not my real house, but man would I have loved to live there) I was looking out at a vast field of tall grass. At the edge of the grass was the ocean and it was lolling about, lapping the shore of the grass in a very rhythmic, rolling motion.  It seemed as if the tide was coming in, the waves were slowly getting closer and closer, until the field of grass had disappeared and the water was at my feet, then the water took me and I became one with it, lolling and lapping about. 

It was this feeling that got trapped in my aura today.  It influenced me to splurge on buying beautiful purple tulips and then inspired me to make a still life drawing of them.  I really think I captured this feeling in the drawing, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment