Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 268. Quilting retreat day 2

Well, I decided it would be totaly awesome if I could stay on this retreat for a week because, man I can get so much done.  Today I managed to make 16 blocks out of 38 needed for this new quilt I started, today, which believe me is no easy task.  I began my day by ironing and ironing and ironing, then I cut slits in some fabrics 2" apart and ripped strips then I cut those strips down half the size and sewed them all togther in batches as is shown below.  Then I cut those strips into 4 blocks a piece and voila! like magic, a large portion of my quilt appeared...okay, okay there is still a lot of more cutting and sewing to go...I know, but I'm kind of proud of how much I really got accomplished. And I managed to go for a run in the morning, antiquing and went out to a steak dinner! Ha!
one block

16 blocks placed together

No comments:

Post a Comment