Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 100!!!!! and Happy Winter's Solstice

So since today is my 100th day of artmaking for Everyday Artworks. It got me thinking, what else can I do 100 of?
100 pushups? No Way
100 sit-ups, pull-ups, anything exercise related-ups? No Way
Have I baked 100 batches of brownies? Maybe... it's definitely possible
Read 100 books?  I'm pretty sure
Watched 100 movies?  Yeah, most definitely
Have I ever done anything for 100 days in a row before? (I mean aside from eating, drinking, brushing my teeth (and maybe not even that)) I don't think so! So Yea for me!

It may be not every day that I make a masterpiece, it may be not everyday that I work 100%
But I tell you what:
Everyday I am here. Making something, working on something.  Even when I'm tired and want to throw a tantrum at the idea of having to do this, I get up off my duff and do it (except once when sickness got me down.) And it's on those days when I complain and sulk that something magical happens.  As I am making my piece, my mood slowly lifts and I start to feel lighter and happier and in a matter of 10 minutes, I am glad that I am there working and when I finish, I am surprised to see what I have created, as if I'm not sure where it came from.  I think maybe it's not me that is creating, maybe it's me that is being created.

So Yea for me for 100 days!

And Yea for Winter, It sure worked hard to come around again, and with the voracity for which it has arrived, I think it's excited to be here...

No comments:

Post a Comment