Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 258. Quilt Idea

I'm going to be starting a quilt for a wedding gift.  I was thinking of all these different quilt designs and I was having a hard time getting motivated to pick one when it occured to me that I must feel so unmotivated because who wants to recieve a standarized quilt from an artist?  The great thing about being creative is, well, being creative! I have some colors I want to work with, so I layed out my palette and starting moving them around on my canvas.  I like the idea of getting away from straight lines and I also know that sewing curves is difficult, but I invisioned a way of doing it in an easier way.  I like this image and idea in my mind, I'm so excited to get started now.  I feel lucky to be going out on Thursday for some fabric shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment