Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 254. Le bonheur de vivre (The Joy of Life)

Lately I have been really hard on myself, obsessed with how much I weigh, how big my pant size is, and giving myself a terrible talking-to every time I want to eat anything bad for me.  The problem is that I feel so bad that I end up trying to stuff all this food down creating an emotional dyke.  Well I'm home visiting my parents and woke up this morning looking at a copy of Le bonheur de vivre (The Joy of Life) by Matisse and I had a revelation.  I'm really not so bad, if I had lived in Matisse's times, I would have been a down-right hottie.  I have been a victim of peer pressure, a media peer pressure.  So I decided to put myself right into The Joy of Life and to stop giving myself such a hard time, Jeez Louise, lay off!
This piece is still in process, but here's the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment