Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 187. Oops I forgot!

Well today is Thursday, I skipped a day.  I totally forgot! Who knew you could do something everyday and then one day just plum forget?

The day wasn't lost though. Here's a recap on Wednesday March 16 (artistically speaking):

I went to my quilting class (only one left next week).  I laid down my cells on my background and played around with the placement of them while looking at pathology images.  I got some really good feedback from my teacher, Sarah (who is an artist and quilting artist).  I realized by looking at them that I am missing a dimension from the final look and from the pathology images.  In the pathology images, the cells swim in a river- the background is like the shore or land.  I am missing the water of the river...So I am going to have to pillage my fabric reserves and see if I can find a good color or print.

Part two of class, Sarah showed us and taught us how to make novelty quilts.  Yo-yo quilts, pine burr quilts, paper-piecing quilts.  It was all so inspirational! I want to attempt the pine burr quilt for a commissioned pillow.  It is made out of triangles that lay over top of one another-working from the center out.  Here's an example of a pine burr quilt:

After dinner I will make a post for Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment