Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 168.

My day started when I woke up in a cage suspended over a large body of water, there was a bridge only a few feet away.  As I came-to I noticed the cage was rocking slightly, but with every rock, the movement increased until it was a steady sway.  As I approached the nearby bridge it dawned on me that we were going to collide.  What was I going to do?  As soon as a collision occured I would be cast down in to the water, trapped by the cage.  The cage and I, as visualized, crashed into the bridge and broke the suspension that held us.  Here it comes I thought,  so this is how I will die.  I braced myself for the impact, for the water, took one last deep breath.  The water hit and I frantically moved around the cage looking for a gap big enough to fit my size or a side which might give way.  I could stick my arm through one opening and possibly my head- could this work?  The water was blueish green and the further down we went, the more peaceful it began to look.  Suddenly there were schools of small tan fish avoiding us-there was life down here, life where my death was going to take place?  Would these fish eat on my decomposing flesh?  Of course they would.  I had to get out of this cage.  The final impact against the river bed was soft really, like a pea settling on the bottom of the soup pot.  I had to get out of this cage.  I slowly realeased some air so that I would be thinner.  I stuck my right arm through, managed to get my head out, and then in a kind of blur, contorted my body bit by bit.  Then I was free.  I was free.  Free.  But oh geez, I better get out of this water.  I don't really know what happened after that, don't really know how I got back here.  The fatique and shock must have really knocked me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment