Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 155. The pathology project goes fiber

Full size pieces cut, but maybe put on different larger background

Detail of one cell

The Digital Blueprint for Fiber Piece
So I worked for a long time today on finding different ways to turn this digital piece into a fiber piece, my original plan for painting on fabric didn't have the look I was after-so after much thinking, I decided to do appliqued piecing.  So far I've just cut and arranged the pieces.  I think it needs more space than the background I have now-feels too crowded.

Today I am grateful for 1)finally learning how to spell grateful-I always thought it should be greatful (makes more sense to me) 2) The beautiful daffodils my husband brought home, they're pretty, they remind me of spring, and they're potted so they will last a while. 3) Having a good amount of time to work on artwork.  Time is always such a gift!

And, I'm nearly done with the hand quilting on my star piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment