Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 35. Lost in a sea of paperwork

I started this collage not this past summer, but the one previous.  It was a real "old fashioned" collage, one made of paper that was cut with scissors and glued down.  But I never really liked the finished product.  The sky bugged me and I had painted parts of the sea yellow (yellow sea?) So I decided the time had come to do this piece right, fix that sky and get rid of the yellow.
This piece is very symbolic for me, depicting the frustration I had with the process of immigration for my husband. Frustrated that our marriage and happiness depended on if the paperwork was filled correctly, if we paid the right amount of money and if we had enough documentation.
Its a good thing we crossed our t's and dotted our i's and made it to dry land.

No comments:

Post a Comment